Experience the Benefits our Infrared Saunas
The Spa at the Battle House, Montgomery and Grand National incorporate Infrared Sauna Technology into the spa relaxation areas for guests to experience the plethora of health benefits.
The infrared sauna produces the same infrared heat produced by the sun. Infrared heat is required for all living things for optimum health. The radiant heat from the infrared sauna surrounds you and penetrates deeply into your joints, muscles and tissues increasing oxygen flow and circulation. As a result, there is an array of infrared sauna health benefits.
Using the Sauna helps to remove impurities from your cells, specifically the cells inside our fat where our body stores waste and harmful toxins such as cholesterol and heavy metals. The infrared sauna will help improve your overall wellness.
Infrared heat is all around us and you have felt it from sources like fire, heated sand on the beach and the sun (without the harmful ultraviolet waves that the sun gives off). Just as visible light has a range of wavelengths (running from red to violet), so does infrared light: longer wavelength infrared waves are thermal, while short or near infrared waves are not hot at all, in fact, you cannot even feel them. It is the far infrared energy that is most beneficial, penetrating the skin and increasing circulation to help rid the body of harmful toxins. Near and mid infrared enhance the benefits of far infrared.
Suggested Infrared Sauna Use
1) Ask your Spa Attendant to power on the sauna on and let warm for 10-15 minutes.
2) After this short warm up time, get in the sauna and turn the temperature on the thermostat up very high (150 degrees). The sauna will not reach this temperature, but this will ensure that the heaters stay on the entire time and you will be receiving optimal infrared heat throughout your entire session.
3) Sit back and enjoy your sauna session. Since the key to infrared therapy is heating your body and raising your core body temperature you will find that you sweat more sitting up in the sauna with your back to the back wall heaters with the infrared heat on the back of your body. This positions you in such a way that the front wall heaters will be heating the front of your body.
4) During your session, the temperature will slowly climb inside the sauna. You will be warming up with the sauna. The infrared sauna is heating your body more so than heating the air and the air temperature will range between 115°F – 125°F depending on the ambient air temperature and how long you have the sauna on for.
5) Stay Well Hydrated. This is essential to stay well hydrated when using the sauna. It is estimated that 70% of people are dehydrated. When you are dehydrated, your body holds on to water and will not allow you to sweat very much. It is recommended to drink water before you get in the sauna. The general rule of thumb is that if you are thirsty after you exit your sauna you did not drink enough during your session.
What To Expect During Your Infrared Sauna Session
1) When you first get into to your sauna you will start to perspire in the first few minutes from the warm cabin temperature and the infrared heating starting to your body.
2) After about 10 minutes, the infrared heat has started to stimulate the various systems in your body and you will start to sweat profusely. Of course, this timing will vary from person to person and from day to day. Some people sweat more easily than others. For some people, it may take several sessions for the infrared heat to kick-start the sweating process.
3) The recommended session time is 20-45 minutes. Some people are in their sauna for longer or shorter sessions depending on their preference and overall health. Starting with shorter sessions and slowly increasing your session time may be recommended if you have conditions to warrant this.
THE TOP 8 FAR INFRARED SAUNA HEALTH BENEFITS
WEIGHT LOSS & INCREASED METABOLISM
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular use of a sauna imparts a similar boost on the cardiovascular system as running. As you relax in the gentle infrared heat, your body is hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood and burning calories.
As your body increases sweat production to cool itself, your heart works harder to pump blood at a greater rate to boost circulation. This increase in your metabolism will burn calories.
MUSCLE PAIN RELIEF
Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster.
Muscles relax best when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion. Far Infrared heat relieves muscle tension. The deep heat of far infrared saunas help peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Infrared heat also reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms as muscle joints and fibers are heated.
IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOST
The deep heating from the Clearlight Sauna True Wave II™ infrared heaters will raise your core body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. How does this benefit the body? Fever is the body’s natural mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response, as seen in the case of infection.
This enhanced immune system, combined with improved elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating, increases your overall health and resistance to disease.
One of the biggest infrared sauna health benefits is its ability to increase your blood circulation and stimulate the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins in the body.
Daily sauna sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of accumulated highly toxic metals (lead, mercury, nickel, and cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds.
“It has been known for decades that sweating is a wonderful way to get rid of stored chemicals, including heavy metals. In fact, sauna is one of the detoxification procedures used in the Environmental Units in Dallas (Dr. William Rea) and North Charleston (Dr. Allan Lieberman) where the sickest of folks go to heal.” Dr. Sherry Rogers, Total Wellness, May 2000.
IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF CELLULITE
Cellulite refers to superficial pockets of trapped fat, which cause uneven dimpling or “orange peel” skin. It appears in 90% of post-adolescent women and is rarely seen in men. Common, but not exclusive areas where cellulite is found are the buttocks, thighs, and the abdomen. Contrary to popular belief, cellulite is not related to obesity, and the appearance of cellulite is not always reduced by weight loss.
Since the far infrared radiant heat of the Clearlight Sauna® warms three times as deep as conventional saunas, it is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite. There is a direct link between the slowing of metabolic rates and the storage of toxins in fat cells. Sauna use and far infrared heat can increase heart rate and localized blood circulation, which essentially reverses the above-mentioned trends towards the accumulation of liquids in the fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
EASE JOINT PAIN AND STIFFNESS
Time spent in an infrared sauna benefits patients suffering from many forms of arthritis. Radiant heat has also been effective in the treatment of sprains, neuralgia, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and many other muscular-skeletal ailments. Much of the stiffness, aches and soreness that comes with aging is reduced or eliminated.
STRESS AND FATIGUE REDUCTION
Just a few minutes in the gentle warmth of an infrared sauna will help you feel relaxed, rejuvenated and renewed.
Many Jacuzzi® Sauna customers comment on how much they look forward to their Clearlight Infrared Sauna™ session, as it’s a great time to get away and release any built-up tension and stress. It’s like having a day spa in your home, open all the time for your convenience.
Infrared Saunas have also been shown to affect the autonomic nervous system putting you in the parasympathetic (rest and digest) state allowing your body to heal.
The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in your Clearlight Sauna carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and immaculately clean. Increased circulation draws your skin’s own natural nutrients to the surface.
You’ll see improved tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds heal more quickly, reducing scarring.